My oldest notice she was selected to be on the cheering team. I was at Menards (a home improvement store) when she called me. I had to choke back tears so the people didn't think I was being overly emotional about gutter parts!
Congratulations to your daughter!! My 15 year old is a very outgoing kid. Extremely social and athletic. But when I went to watch him perform in a show choir competition for the first time, it was all I could do to not sit there and cry my eyes out. He had stepped out of his comfort zone (singing and dancing on stage was not the "norm" for him) and I realized just how much he had grown and become his own person. I was proud and sad at the same time. You're completely normal!
3 comments:
Congratulations to your daughter!! My 15 year old is a very outgoing kid. Extremely social and athletic. But when I went to watch him perform in a show choir competition for the first time, it was all I could do to not sit there and cry my eyes out. He had stepped out of his comfort zone (singing and dancing on stage was not the "norm" for him) and I realized just how much he had grown and become his own person. I was proud and sad at the same time. You're completely normal!
Way cool! Congrats!
Awesome!!! :)
Post a Comment