Thursday, May 27, 2010

207/365 Robin

I wrote a letter to my oldest daughter the night before she tried out for cheerleading. The older they get the harder it is for me to express my pride in them without crying ( I know get some therapy!) But I did write her a letter to tell her that I believe in her and that I'd be cheering for her even if I couldn't be in the gym. This morning when she read it she hugged me harder than she ever has. They are growing up and it hurts so much, and it is so hard for me to let go.

3 comments:

Darcy said...

I just told one of my boys yesterday (he just turned 13) that it was exciting to watch them grow up...but hard at the same time. All Moms wish we could keep them little forever. My oldest is 15 now and loves to do his own thing, but he's still my baby. That will never change. Try not to think of it as letting go. You're just taking a couple of extra steps back to give her the room she needs to become a strong, independent person.

Lesley said...

My definition of a mum's job.... give them roots when they are little and wings as they grow...your best achievement watch when they fly but knowing they will never forget the other...its a tough job but worth it :)

carleewandowski said...

Great! Oh and way cool name. :)