Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sarabeth: 183


Another cheat due to a sick son. Who really wants to see the the disinfecting done when a kid has diarrhea? I suppose if I were artsy like some of you, I could have put the gloves I wore in a neat confirmation. Alas, I am not. You get to see my middle kid staring through a port hole in the floor/ceiling of a Gulf of Mexico oil rig exhibit at the aquarium. My sister and I kept ourselves from crying, but just barely. The Deepwater Horizon spill (and I use that term loosely) has all of us on the Gulf coast depressed, worried, and angry. When we take oil out of the earth, safety has to be first. Eleven young lives (and most of them were young men with young families) were lost and now we are watching the beginning of the poisoining of entire ecosystem.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: