Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Reenie 4/365


This photo was
taken about 4 years ago when my father treated the family to a cruise
through the Panama Canal. I don’t get to see my father very often.
My father and his wife have

been married 40 years. My sister and I adore our dear sweet father. In this
pic he’s 79 years old. He’s now 83 and looks the same. :) I don't
look anything the same. LOL. My hair is now blonde (per my parents' request -
and that's another whole story) and I will never paint my nails again. Gah.
How hideous!


Wade’s first
post mentioned an interest in photos of his parents when they were in their 20s.
I left a comment about my similar interest and then my mind got to thinking
about my father and how I miss him. :( He’s the kindest, funniest, most generous man. He’s never sad or mean. He
laughs a lot. Of course I miss him! :)

14 comments:

Linn said...

Boy oh boy. He's a very handsome man. This reminds me of Michael's grandpa. He's 98, he'll be turning 99 in just a few weeks and still gets out and mows his own field. We need more men like this! Happy, hardworking, loving, and life filled! Thank you for sharing your daddy with us.

Darcy said...

Very sweet picture, Reenie. It's heartwarming to hear you speak so highly of your dad. He's very attractive! I didn't even realize that was you with him. :)

Tammy said...

I don't know why at first glance I thought it was Bill Clinton..lol. Your dad is very handsome and looks very happy :)

Reenie said...

Thanks everyone. He's so easy to adore.

Tammy! Zillions of people think he looks like Bill Clinton. He has literally been chased by mobs of people on many occasions. Isn't that wild? In my humble opinion, he's much more handsome. :)

Tammy said...

Well I'm glad I am not the only one that thought he looked like Bill. I have to agree with you though, he IS much more handsome than Bill...by a longshot!

**Colleen** said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carleewandowski said...

Reenie, your father is Sean Connery-nice-looking-for-an-older-man old. He's adorable. :)

Though I didn't see a resemblance to Bill Clinton, but I guess he is attractive too. lol

Reenie said...

Note to Serendipity Folk: I'm asking Carol to delete a certain passage in the caption of this post, so that all the energy is positive. :) It was an after thought of mine.

Tanya said...

LOL @ Carol. I saw Bill Clinton too. This is a great photo, Reenie. Great smiles. Great times!

**Colleen** said...

You speak so lovingly of him, he reminds me of my father. great one =)

Reenie said...

Merci. My friends were always ga-ga over him. :)

I could've sworn someone left a comment earlier that mentioned the passing of her father. I came back to leave a comment expressing my sympathies. I hope I didn't offend you by not remarking earlier. xoxo

**Colleen** said...

...that was me, but my comment had reference to something you asked to omit so I deleted my comment and posted a new one. No offense and thanks. =)

Reenie said...

Whew! I hadn't remembered anything negative about the *mystery* comment - just the reference to your loss, which I was sorry to read. I know that when I lose my father, I will recover, but not ever fully. *weep* Also, sorry for the confusion with my comments. It's just that person gets too much free rent in my head as it is and I don't want her here, too. :)

Reshmi said...

Great to see that I wont be the first one to say that Reenie's father is really a very handsome man. lol.I would have thought thousand times and would have hesitated to comment.
Your family is full of only good looking people , Reenie ? And I am very close to my parents so I know your feelings. Such a beautiful thing to share.
Love to your lovely family.