Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Linn 2/365


I went to my last class of beginner's quilting tonight. It was a 5 week course and teaches the basics. I really enjoyed the class. Took it with my mom who's been quilting for a long time but wanted to learn to use the rotary cutter. I would post a collage, but don't know how to make one. So instead...Here is the finished product. A log cabin block, a crystal star, and an applique' square. I'm pretty proud of myself.

8 comments:

Reenie said...

Omigosh! It's amazing! Good for you!

Darcy said...

Very pretty! If you use Picasa for your pics, I think you can make a collage on there.

MaryFran said...

Very very nice!!!! Congrats for finishing with such a nice piece of art at the end!!!!

**Colleen** said...

it is lovely.

Linn said...

I really enjoyed the class. I'm going to have to have the sewing machine serviced though. I had several issues with it when I tried to sew down the applique'. Let's just say there were a few "colorful" words used in frustration.

Thanks for all the compliments ladies!

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

So pretty. I have about a dozen quilt pieces that a great or great-great aunt was working on in the 1930s that never was finished (so THAT'S where I get it). The fabric is very fragile, but I would love to get something done with them.

Linn said...

I will check with the lady I took the class with. She is part of a quilting guild and I bet she could help me find you someone in the Indy area.

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Linn, That would be GREAT!!