
I took off work early today and attended the Veteran's Day program at Sassy Marie's school today. My father-in-law is a Navy veteran. Eden escorted him across the gym and was so proud to have her grandpa with her. After a short program in the gym where her class sang patriotic songs to the veterans we walked to the National Cemetary located behind the school. Here they are together. It turned out to be a very pretty day and a lovely program to honor our service men and women.
4 comments:
aww, Linn...that is sweet.
Very nice. Many years ago when my 24 year old was a squirt, he took it upon himself to call his grandfathers who served in the Navy during WWII. They were so appreciative of his thoughtfulness - as I bet your father-in-law was.
That's so nice he could be with her that day.
She was so excited to invite him and then for him to be able to come with her to her program.. I truly couldn't ask for a better father in law.
Post a Comment