My name is Irene, but friends and family often call me Reenie.
Monteagle, TN became my home in October 2006. Most cruise ships have populations larger than Monteagle. I lived in Laguna Beach, CA for eighteen years and then Fallbrook, CA in North San Diego County three years prior to my move. I started life on Long Island and worked my way across the United States and then back some.
Monteagle, TN became my home in October 2006. Most cruise ships have populations larger than Monteagle. I lived in Laguna Beach, CA for eighteen years and then Fallbrook, CA in North San Diego County three years prior to my move. I started life on Long Island and worked my way across the United States and then back some.
The neighboring town to Monteagle is Sewanee, which is home to The University of the South. Sewanee’s population is also small. I chose to move to this wonderful mountain because of a long-term love affair I’ve had with it since I visited relatives thirty years ago. My eldest son also attended the university.
I’m retired, but have engaged in freelance writer with modest success. My publishing credits include Local Color which you can find on Amazon. I also wrote human interest stories and such for various publications when I lived California. I’m an artist with modest success with canvases that are simple and colorful and full of joy and happiness. My muse vanished a while back so I haven’t picked up a brush in a long time.
My three children are grown and live far away. All three are splendid. David, 24, completed 2 years with Teach for America in Washington, DC last spring. He’s now part of a team establishing a new charter school in DC, and is applying to law school. My two older children have young families of their own. Rachel, 37, lives in Lake Oswego, OR, and Chase, 38, lives in KC, MO.
I collect Outsider Art, as well as traditional – I’ve amassed a sizable collection, hence my home is nicknamed The Gallery. As far as leisure, I can sometimes simply fiddle-faddle a day away and not feel the least bit guilty. I enjoy movies, concerts, the theatre, daytrips, reading, and travel. Cooking and entertaining give me and my guests great pleasure. I follow the tenets found in the 12-step program.
I live alone. Solitude is my treasured companion at this juncture in life.
I guess you’ll be seeing a lot of me. I look forward to seeing a lot of you.

5 comments:
I bet your home is very interesting!
I still want to come and take a walk in your woods. I may have to take a mommy weekend and visit you next spring.
Irene, you just rock! can't wait to see your pics. You look great btw!
Thanks for the wonderful comments, ladies. Linn, you and everyone is always welcome. Becky who has joined us here is visiting the weekend of 11/20. I keep on promising her serneity - but I'm amidst a construction project to accommodate my mother when she moves in with me. Oh, that's right, they only work m-th. :) Anyway, the welcome mat is always there for y'all.
Ah you are so sweet. i look forward to getting to know you Reenie
Post a Comment